Tuesday 7 June 2016

Vegan diaries

Hello foodies,

Lately, I've been hearing a lot about vegan diet and its health benefits, so I decided to try a 30-day vegan challenge. Basically, a vegan diet is when you don't eat meat or any products that come from animals, so that's what i did for 30 days.

For the first few days, I ate more than usual and this is normal when you start a new diet because your body is trying to adjust to it. 

Honestly, it was not as hard as I thought it'd be and i didn't  Here is an example of what I ate in a day;
Breakfast: oatmeal pancakes made without eggs and with almond milk
Lunch: jollof bulgur (& quinoa) and veggies 
Dinner: beans and grilled plantain 

Snacks: almonds, fruit and I ate a lot of pringles (original flavor) they are surprisingly vegan. 

In all, I had more energy and I was generally happier. The only reason I'm not making this a lifestyle is because I really like chicken and I have no plan to give this up anytime soon.  

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

The Natural Foodie Template by Ipietoon Cute Blog Design